Sunday, February 15, 2009

Inspiration (Michelle)

This from Billy Burke, who plays Charlie Swan in the Twilight movie:

Q. Who or what inspires you?

A. Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Seriously, I don’t mean to take the piss out of this question but as I see it, inspiration is a completely subjective concept. Anyone who says that they are consistently inspired by anything, will ultimately end up a liar. Inspiration by nature, is an accident. It happens when you least expect it and with any luck, when you most need it. Shame on me if I ever put the responsibility to inspire me on anyone else’s shoulders.

Just one man's opinion, of course, but interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Girlie,
    So, I have totally jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I got the audiobooks because I knew you were really into them (the books I mean), started the first, and for about the first three or four hours was just shaking my head, going oh man, why am I listening to this? How can Michelle like this?! This is so dumb.... and then it hit me, and I haven't been able to stop since! So damn good. So exciting! I'm mid ways through the third book, and am so sad there's only one more :(
    Hope you are well,
    love Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's weird, isn't it --- the're really not that well-written, and I was shaking my head too until the end of New Moon, and then all of a sudden I was hooked! Maren and I think that she's just a really good storyteller, with a great sense for plot and character, if not for style. Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying them! :) There were some things in the 4th book that genuinely blew my mind --- so you have that to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the suspense is just killing me! I'm a few hours into the fourth.... oh my god!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome

to a blog by three people who write, for anyone else who wants to write. It's a cruel world for creators, and here we promise support, whimsy, and curiosity that will hopefully keep your pen moving and keyboard tapping!

To read more about why Daedalus Notes exists, click
here.