Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Launching the Novel (j)

Here goes... I emailed my novel to the first agent on my list today, so wish me luck that this process is off to a kind start.  We are in for a winter of waiting and writing.  From what I've gathered, it will more than likely take a long, long time to find an agent 1.) willing to look at the manuscript, 2.) willing to represent it, 3.) able to publish it.  This is an exercise in patience, not futility. 


I'll let you know how I'm feeling about it later on! Keep writing, I've heard.  Keep writing.  This should be a no-brainer in any situation, but it has become my mantra.  I'm clinging to it like a lifeline, all limbs, fingers and toes.  Thanks for clinging with me.

3 comments:

  1. How'd you find writing your query letter and synopsis go? Oofta, so stressful. ha. Be careful, people like to take authors for rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I learned the thing can be done. It just takes patience, discernment and an iron will to keep paring and paring down the words while maintaining the narrative. I'll get there! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found your blog via Writer Unboxed and just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with the querying process. It is a crazy and emotional roller-coaster, but it's definitely worth the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome

to a blog by three people who write, for anyone else who wants to write. It's a cruel world for creators, and here we promise support, whimsy, and curiosity that will hopefully keep your pen moving and keyboard tapping!

To read more about why Daedalus Notes exists, click
here.